Tank Mounting Stand Weldment
SOLIDWORKS weldments design functionality enables you to design a weldment structure as a single multibody part,
sketching the basic framework, creating structural members with groups of sketch segments, and adding elements
like gussets and end caps to complete the structure.
* Work from a library of pre-defined structural shapes.
* Generate 3D sketch lines for structural profiles to follow.
* Automatically trim structural members at intersections.
* Add stiffening plates, gussets, and end caps.
* Add optional weld beads to the design.
* Generate drawings, BOMs, cut lists, and other manufacturing documentation.
Tank Support Stand Drawing with Cut-List
Tank Mounted in Support Stand
Welders in the oil and gas
industry operate welding
equipment to fuse metals using
various cutting, gouging and
welding processes on pipelines,
rigs, plants and facilities.
They perform a variety of duties
on the job site, including working
on pipeline systems, derrick and
pump jack repair, installations,
and shutting in or closing off a
Underwater welding or repairs on
vessels is normally only of
a semipermanent nature. Ships
plates flex in rough water, and
underwater welds lose about 20
percent of their strength, and
about 50 percent of their ductility
because of the instantaneous
cooling, and should be only
considered for temporary repairs.