Tank Mounting Stand Weldment
SOLIDWORKS weldments design functionality enables you to design a weldment structure as a single multibody part, sketching the basic framework, creating structural members with groups of sketch segments, and adding elements like gussets and end caps to complete the structure.
* Work from a library of pre-defined structural shapes.
* Generate 3D sketch lines for structural profiles to follow.
* Automatically trim structural members at intersections.
* Add stiffening plates, gussets, and end caps.
* Add optional weld beads to the design.
* Generate drawings, BOMs, cut lists, and other manufacturing documentation.
Slide Show Explanation
The slideshow shows a support stand weldment for a storage tank, created with SolidWorks Weldments.
Slide 1. Support stand weldment drawing with cut-list.
Slide 2. Storage tank mounted on the support stand from Inage-1.
Slide 3. FEA stress analysis of support stand subjected to a vertical load of 17746 lbs, and a wind load of 120 mph.
Slide 4. FEA deflection analysis of support stand subjected to a vertical load of 17746 lbs, and a wind load of 120 mph.